PURPOSE: To provide a scholarship to one (1) deserving high school graduate who displays qualities of community involvement, leadership, and selfless service.
AWARD: One (1) $2000 scholarship to be awarded to one (1) high school graduate by the 1LT Tom Martin Memorial Foundation Scholarship Committee. 50% of the scholarship ($1000) to be awarded before fall semester. Remaining 50% ($1000) to be awarded for the spring semester given scholarship recipient maintains a minimum 2.75 GPA during fall semester.
- Applicant must be a 2017 high school graduate.
- Applicant must have a minimum ACT score of 25 OR a minimum SAT score of 1150.
- Applicant must have a minimum high school GPA of 3.25.
- Applicant must be enrolled full-time in the coming academic year at an accredited college, university, vocational school or junior college.
- Applicant must clearly demonstrate leadership and community involvement.
APPLICANT MUST SUBMIT:
- Completed application form.
- One (1) personal statement attesting to why a life of community involvement is important and after you reflect on the life and service of 1LT Tom Martin, how do you plan to continue serving? (400-600 words)
- Three (3) signed letters of recommendation. Letters can come from teachers, administrators, employers, coaches, community or youth group leaders, etc.
- High school transcript with cumulative grade point average. Official transcript is not required.
- Documentation of ACT and/or SAT score.
All documents must be submitted together, as a single PDF and are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12:00 midnight CST, March 10, 2017. Partial or incomplete packets will not be considered. All documents of the scholarship packet require the signature of the applicant.